Jollibee is probably the most famous fast food restaurant not just in the Philippines, but in many parts of the world. It is loved by many, both old and young. The company is owned by a Filipino and has been continually expanding for the past years. This is why it’s no surprise that many entrepreneurs want to apply for a franchise.
Currently, there are more than 600 Jollibee restaurants across the Philippines. Even with this tight competition, franchisees have been successful in running their stores. Therefore, the company continues to attract more and more franchise applicants.
If you are one of these interested entrepreneurs, then it’s definitely your day. This article will guide you and provide you all the basics you need to know when applying for a Jollibee franchise.
How to Become a Jollibee Foods Corporation Franchisee?
You may think that applying for a Jollibee franchise is complicated. However, if you will follow the steps below, everything will go quite smoothly.
Step 1: Check the Qualifications of a Jollibee Franchise
Before anything else, you have to check first whether you are qualified to apply for a franchise or not. Here are the qualifications:
● Able to fund the required investment
● Knows how to encourage their people
● Someone who is self-driven
● Willing to go through a full training on how to operate a restaurant
● Able to invest time to see through the daily operations of the restaurant
Aside from requiring quite an investment, being a Jollibee franchisee is not that complicated!
Step 2: Have a Copy of the Application Form
When you are 100% sure that you want to apply, download the application form online and print it. You may download the form here: http://www.jollibee.com.ph/investors. Make sure to fill up everything properly. Go through the form twice or thrice just to make sure you got everything right.
Step 3: Prepare Your Proposal
After filling up the form, you now have to prepare your proposal, which should contain the following:
● Bio-data or resume with complete details
● Your Letter of Intent that should include the location of your proposed address, your working email address, and other contact details.
● A legal document that certifies your ownership of the site
● Vicinity map for your proposed location, which should guide the field personnel who will perform an evaluation on the site.
Step 4: Submit Your Proposal
Once you have compiled all the documents, you will now have to send it to Jollibee. Here is the company’s mailing address:
JOLLIBEE FOODS CORPORATION
Franchising Services Department
5th Floor Jollibee Plaza
#10 F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1605
Upon receiving the application, it will usually take about one month to process. However, there are times that it will take around three to four months.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have more questions regarding the process of a Jollibee franchise application. Take a look at some of the frequently asked questions that may help you during your application.
1. How Much Money Is Needed to Open a Jollibee Restaurant?
The required investment to start a Jollibee restaurant is between Php 25 to 35 million.
2. What Are Included in the Investment?
The money you are going to invest in the franchise includes pre-operating costs, signages, an HVAC system, fixtures, furniture, kitchen equipment, and the construction of the restaurant.
3. Does Jollibee Food Corporation Provide Financing?
No, the company does not offer any financing services.
4. Are Corporations Qualified to Apply for a Jollibee Franchise?
The franchise is only for individuals. However, the individual can start a corporation once approved for the franchise. The corporation should clearly indicate that the franchisee has major ownership.
5. Can I Still Apply Even if I Don’t Have a Location or Site?
Yes, even without a location or site yet, you can still apply for a franchise. However, Jollibee prioritizes applicants who already have a proposed location.
6. How Much Is the ROI or Return of Investment?
Many Jollibee franchisees have high ROIs, but there is no fixed number. How much you will earn from the restaurant will depend on a lot of things. These will include market potential, sales, investment, and your capability to handle your operating expenses.
7. Is There a Training Program? How Long Will It Take?
Franchisees are required to finish a training program successfully. It will take three months at a designated store.
8. What Is the Required Floor Area or Lot Size?
There is no specific requirement, but the floor area will rely upon the store model in a certain market.
9. Will Jollibee Provide the Manpower Once the Restaurant Starts Operating?
The company will assist during the recruitment process and training of the store’s management team, which will become your employees. Therefore, you will be responsible for their benefits and salaries during training.